Now Hiring: Booking AssistantAugust 18, 2023
Psyko Steve Presents (PSP) is looking to hire a BOOKING ASSISTANT to join our team. Please submit the form below to apply.
Booking Assistant (part-time in office M-F, with the potential to work events outside office hours)
The Booking Assistant at PSP is responsible for helping book events with national and local artists at venues like The Rebel Lounge, Valley Bar, Crescent Ballroom and more. The ideal candidate is someone with strong communication skills, a thorough understanding of the Phoenix music scene and the primary genres in which PSP operates.
The Booking Assistant reports primarily to the General Manager / Talent Buyer. This position is part time in office, with regular office hours from Monday to Friday in Downtown Phoenix during standard business hours – ideally looking for 20-25 hours per week of office hours, and the schedule throughout the week can be very flexible. PSP strongly prefers a candidate with availability and interest in working events (evenings and weekends) outside of standard office hours. Pay is based on previous experience, and this role includes free tickets to tons of events, in addition to other perks.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
– Interacting with national artist representatives, and local artists on a regular basis
– Coordinating with PSP marketing department and other venues to provide updates on lineup and other event information
– Assisting the Talent Buyer with regular booking activities such as calendar management, creating performance offers, confirming and organizing event details with artist representatives, communicating event expectations and production needs with venues, and more
– High school degree necessary, college degree preferred
– Prior music industry, booking or venue experience preferred
– Excellent communication, project management and organizational skills, and problem-solving instincts
– Proficiency in Office applications (Google Docs & Sheets, Word, Excel, etc) – proficiency with other platforms like Gmail, WordPress, ticketing software, etc is a plus
ABOUT PSYKO STEVE PRESENTS:
Psyko Steve Presents started producing concerts in Arizona in 2000. Psyko Steve Presents (PSP) has always strived to develop new artists and work with acts before anyone else. Over the years, PSP has worked with artists such as Frank Turner, Ghost, Bleachers, Thrice, Future Islands, and Jimmy Eat World.
Today, Psyko Steve Presents is a full team producing over 700 concerts a year, from local shows to festivals like last year’s ZONA Music Festival and 8123 Fest. The inaugural ZONA Music Festival was a two-day multi-genre boutique festival with a strong emphasis on local artists in Hance Park in Downtown Phoenix. PSP owner Stephen Chilton also owns and manages The Rebel Lounge in Central Phoenix. In 2019, Psyko Steve Presents was named “Best Promoter” by the Phoenix New Times.
In 2020, Stephen Chilton became a founding board member and Vice President of the National Independent Venue Association (NIVA), successfully lobbying Congress to pass the Save Our Stages Act, providing a crucial lifeline for venues and promoters nationwide.